- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups. Granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups. Salted peanuts
- 1 T. butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- Spread peanuts evenly over a well-buttered cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan; cook until the color of a brown paper bag, stirring frequently (takes 25 minutes)
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and baking soda.
- Pour immediately over peanuts.
- Cool. Break into peices with a wooden spoon.