- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got the original recipe for these from the aunt of a co-worker. Watch out, they are addictive!
You can use your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe or this one. I like to use seasonal baking paper cups for these to make them more festive.
- 40 to 48 miniature peanut butter cups (a family size bag)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375F
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups, be sure to take off both wrappers.
- Line small muffin cups (gem pan) with paper baking cups if desired
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars together, add egg and vanilla, beat till fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (or use small food portion scoop); place in paper-lined muffin cups. Do not flatten.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until puffed and lightly browned; remove from oven.
- IMMEDIATELY press one peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired.
- Cool completely in muffin pan.
- About 3 ½ to 4 dozen.