- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Chicken breast (boneless/skinless), cut to bite size pieces
- 2-4 T. Peanut oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3-7 Bird’s eye chili’s, bruised
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ C. White wine
- 10 Red Holy Basil, leaves
- 1 ½ C. Fresh water
- 2 T. Fish Sauce
- 1 C. Peanut butter, smooth
- 1 can Bamboo shoots, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can Straw mushrooms
- 1 can Water Chestnuts, sliced
- 1 can Baby corn
- 1 ½ C. Coconut milk
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Coriander, chopped for garnish
- 1 ½ C. Jasmine Rice, steamed
- Heat a wok right on top of a burner using high flame, when the wok begins to smoke add the peanut oil, when the oil is hot add the garlic and chili’s.
- Before putting the garlic and chili in the hot oil… turn on the range fan, open the doors and take a deep breath.
- Stir in the chicken and shallot, toss until the chicken is well browned. Add the wine and basil then reduce the volume of liquid by about half while stirring.
- Pour contents of wok into a stockpot, rinse wok with hot water and wipe dry.
- Add water and fish sauce, bring to a boil then add peanut butter. Stir continuously over medium high heat until peanut butter is blended in, add vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk a simmer just long enough to warm.
- Ladle soup into bowls over steamed rice, splash with limejuice and garnish with coriander.
- © A. J. Di Liberti 2002
- I got the idea for this soup while learning to cook Thai cuisine. The recipe is loosely based on Thom kha gai.
Notes© A. J. Di Liberti 2002
I got the idea for this soup while learning to cook Thai cuisine. The recipe is loosely based on Thom kha gai.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More