- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1/2 cup canned jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 2 pears, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat (it will take about 3 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, combine Champagne, cranberry sauce, shallots, Dijon mustard and oil. Whisk together. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Top with pears, toasted walnuts and dried cranberries. Drizzle over cranberry vinaigrette just before serving.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More