- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 C sugar, divided
- 1 C flour
- 1 pkg (8oz.) cream cheese
- 1 ea egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract OR vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 C sliced peeled pears
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Beat butter & 1/3 c sugar in small bowl until light, fluffy & smooth.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Spread firmly onto bottom and 1" up sides of 9" springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese & 1/3 c sugar in same bowl until well blended.
- Add egg & vanilla; mix well.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Combine remaining 1/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
- Add to sliced pears in large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Arrange over cream cheese mix: sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 10 min.
- Reduce temp to 375*; continue baking 25 min. or until center is set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Loosen torte from rim of pan.
- Cover and chill 3 hr. before serving.
- Remove from pan and serve.
NotesThis is a VERY popular recipe that works for any season. And it's so simple, you'll love it! I found it years ago in Food & Family. I get several orders for these at the holidays. The recipe calls for a springform pan but I use a 9" tart pan with removable bottom. You can also make individual tortes in 4" tart pans. Also, the recipe calls for vanilla but I prefer almond extract. Make them ahead of time. Freeze and then wrap in decorative cellophane and give as a lovely gift.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Short & SweetSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More