- Cooking Time: 40 to 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apple and pear slices with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons apple pie spice. Sprinkle over fruit; toss to coat well.
- Spoon into lightly greased 11 x 7 ~ inch baking dish.
- For the Streusel Topping:
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon apple pie spice in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
NotesPears and apples make a delicious combination, especially when topped with a streusel mixture of oats, walnuts, dark brown sugar and butter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Get Cookin'See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More