- Cooking Time: 40 to 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apple and pear slices with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons apple pie spice. Sprinkle over fruit; toss to coat well.
- Spoon into lightly greased 11 x 7 ~ inch baking dish.
- For the Streusel Topping:
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon apple pie spice in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
NotesPears and apples make a delicious combination, especially when topped with a streusel mixture of oats, walnuts, dark brown sugar and butter.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More