- Cooking Time: 40 to 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apple and pear slices with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons apple pie spice. Sprinkle over fruit; toss to coat well.
- Spoon into lightly greased 11 x 7 ~ inch baking dish.
- For the Streusel Topping:
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon apple pie spice in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
NotesPears and apples make a delicious combination, especially when topped with a streusel mixture of oats, walnuts, dark brown sugar and butter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More