- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisns
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs, beat well. Stir in pears, walnuts, raisins and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into the pear mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesA very moist bread that can be made with fresh or caned pears. The bread freezes well.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More