- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisns
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs, beat well. Stir in pears, walnuts, raisins and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into the pear mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesA very moist bread that can be made with fresh or caned pears. The bread freezes well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cooking for a CureSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More