- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisns
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs, beat well. Stir in pears, walnuts, raisins and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into the pear mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesA very moist bread that can be made with fresh or caned pears. The bread freezes well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More