- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tb Unsalted butter at room-temperature
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 1 1/3 c Allpurpose flour
- pn Of salt
- 1 ts Baking powder
- pn Of ground nutmeg
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/2 c Buttermilk
- 2 sm Pears, peeled, cored, and, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c Coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 5inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream 6 tablespoons of the butter with the sugar and the vanilla until light and smooth. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg and toss together until evenly mixed. Add half of the flour mixture and the egg to the butter mixture and mix well. Add the rest of the flour mixture and the buttermilk, beating them in well.
- Fold in the pears and the pecans. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is firm and golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate and finish cooling. When cool cut into slices and serve.
NotesI got his from a friend of mine here on the net... and I tried it this morning and LOVED it!!!