- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small loaf of French of Italian bread, preferably a few days old, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. vanilla soy milk
- 1 c. low fat milk
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 ripe pears, cubed
- 1 c. shredded Gouda, divided
- 2 Tbls butter, cubed and syrup for serving
- Toss bread and pear cubes to combine and spread evenly in a buttered 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and 1/2 c. Gouda.
- Pour over bread and cover with foil.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove dish from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dot with butter and bake covered for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Discard foil, sprinkle with remaining shredded Gouda and return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to rest for a few minutes before serving drizzled with warm maple syrup.
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More