- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small loaf of French of Italian bread, preferably a few days old, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. vanilla soy milk
- 1 c. low fat milk
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 ripe pears, cubed
- 1 c. shredded Gouda, divided
- 2 Tbls butter, cubed and syrup for serving
- Toss bread and pear cubes to combine and spread evenly in a buttered 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and 1/2 c. Gouda.
- Pour over bread and cover with foil.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove dish from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dot with butter and bake covered for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Discard foil, sprinkle with remaining shredded Gouda and return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to rest for a few minutes before serving drizzled with warm maple syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More