- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small loaf of French of Italian bread, preferably a few days old, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. vanilla soy milk
- 1 c. low fat milk
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 ripe pears, cubed
- 1 c. shredded Gouda, divided
- 2 Tbls butter, cubed and syrup for serving
- Toss bread and pear cubes to combine and spread evenly in a buttered 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and 1/2 c. Gouda.
- Pour over bread and cover with foil.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove dish from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dot with butter and bake covered for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Discard foil, sprinkle with remaining shredded Gouda and return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to rest for a few minutes before serving drizzled with warm maple syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More