Pear and Pecan Pancakes
1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Breeze
2-1/4 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white
1/8 c. all-purpose flour
1/8 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 packet Splenda
1/2 small pear, very ripe, peeled and minced (or 1/4 medium pear)
1/8 c. chopped pecans
Nonstick cooking spray
Makes about 4 good-sized silver dollar pancakes*
(Last time I made it, I just stuck everything in a bowl and whisked it together.)
1. Stir together the milk, applesauce, and egg white in a small bowl.
2. Stir together the flours, baking powder, and Splenda in a larger bowl.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix just to combine ingredients (don't beat).
4. Coat a griddle or large heavy-bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place it over low-medium heat.
5. Meanwhile, stir the pear and pecans into the pancake batter.
6. Pour the batter onto the skillet and cook the pancakes over low-medium heat (makes the PERFECT golden pancakes!)
7. Once the pancakes are ready, drizzle them with sugar free maple syrup or ginger butter or whatever and serve warm. Enjoy!