- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2-1/4 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 c. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 packet Splenda
- 1/2 small pear, very ripe, peeled and minced (or 1/4 medium pear)
- 1/8 c. chopped pecans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Makes about 4 good-sized silver dollar pancakes*
- (Last time I made it, I just stuck everything in a bowl and whisked it together.)
- 1. Stir together the milk, applesauce, and egg white in a small bowl.
- 2. Stir together the flours, baking powder, and Splenda in a larger bowl.
- 3. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix just to combine ingredients (don't beat).
- 4. Coat a griddle or large heavy-bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place it over low-medium heat.
- 5. Meanwhile, stir the pear and pecans into the pancake batter.
- 6. Pour the batter onto the skillet and cook the pancakes over low-medium heat (makes the PERFECT golden pancakes!)
- 7. Once the pancakes are ready, drizzle them with sugar free maple syrup or ginger butter or whatever and serve warm. Enjoy!
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More