- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2-1/4 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 c. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 packet Splenda
- 1/2 small pear, very ripe, peeled and minced (or 1/4 medium pear)
- 1/8 c. chopped pecans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Makes about 4 good-sized silver dollar pancakes*
- (Last time I made it, I just stuck everything in a bowl and whisked it together.)
- 1. Stir together the milk, applesauce, and egg white in a small bowl.
- 2. Stir together the flours, baking powder, and Splenda in a larger bowl.
- 3. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix just to combine ingredients (don't beat).
- 4. Coat a griddle or large heavy-bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place it over low-medium heat.
- 5. Meanwhile, stir the pear and pecans into the pancake batter.
- 6. Pour the batter onto the skillet and cook the pancakes over low-medium heat (makes the PERFECT golden pancakes!)
- 7. Once the pancakes are ready, drizzle them with sugar free maple syrup or ginger butter or whatever and serve warm. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More