- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 8-ounce packages of frozen broccoli cuts
- 4 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 cup butter - divided
- 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese - cubed
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli until almost tender; drain. Cook pearl onions until almost tender; drain. In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 c butter, then stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened (1 to 2 minutes). Reduce heat and stir in cream cheese until smooth and blended. Place the broccoli and pearl onions in a greased 13x9inch baking dish. Add sauce and gently stir to coat. Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs and cheese over vegetables. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
NotesI make this for every holiday. My family love it!!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More