- 6 pears of choice
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup white grape juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
Peel, seed and slice pears.
Put juice concentrates and 1 cup of water in a pot.
Bring to a boil.
Add fresh cranberries and currants, return to a boil for 3 minutes.
Reduce heat. Mix Â¼ cup cold water with arrowroot until smooth.
Add to cranberry-currant mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
Lay pears in a baking pan and cover with the sauce.
Bake covered at 350 degrees until tender, about 35 minutes.