- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 120g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose/plain flour
- Pecan, Walnut & Golden Syrup filling
- 125g chopped walnuts
- 125g chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 75g butter, melted
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- To make the crust - preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, then mix together the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla, then add the flour and mix till well combined - this is a very crumbly dough so don’t expect to be able to knead it or roll it out. Press it into your tart tins thinly and evenly, prick all over with a fork, then bake for about 20 mins, or till they begin to go lightly golden in colour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, and lower oven temperature to 160 degrees C.
- In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and golden syrup. Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped nuts, then divide them evenly between the tart shells and then place them on a baking tray.
- Carefully spoon the egg mixture over the top, being careful not to overfill them, then carefully transfer the baking tray with filled tarts into the middle tray of the oven and bake for 20-25 mins, or till the tart shells are a deep gold colour and the filling has set.
- Remove from the oven, place the tarts onto a cooling rack and allow to completely cool before enjoying with a ridiculously decadent scoop of whipped cream or (my favourite) pecan ice cream on top!
NotesThese tarts are so tasty and irresistable that I've actually been banned from making them by my mother...hopefully, by sharing the recipe here, others will be able to keep the nutty love alive!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Special SmoothiesSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More