- Cooking Time: 35-40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 9 1/2 tbsp butter at room temp
- 3 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 lg eggs at room temp
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 2/3 cup flour
- Grease 9" x 13" baking dish/pan. Line with sheet of parchment paper, and grease parchment paper.
- Saving 1 cup aside, grind 2 1/2 cups pecans in food processor to a medium fine texture and set aside.
- Put remaining butter and sugar into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in ground pecans and carrots.
- Gradually sift in flour, stirring briskly at first, then beating until batter is well combined. Evenly spread the batter in the prepared pan (should be a depth of about 1/2"). Scatter remaining pecans over the top.
- Bake cakes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cakes cool in the pan. Loosen edges, cut in pieces and invert or remove from pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Babette's Test Kitchen
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More