- Cooking Time: 35-40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 9 1/2 tbsp butter at room temp
- 3 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 lg eggs at room temp
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 2/3 cup flour
- Grease 9" x 13" baking dish/pan. Line with sheet of parchment paper, and grease parchment paper.
- Saving 1 cup aside, grind 2 1/2 cups pecans in food processor to a medium fine texture and set aside.
- Put remaining butter and sugar into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in ground pecans and carrots.
- Gradually sift in flour, stirring briskly at first, then beating until batter is well combined. Evenly spread the batter in the prepared pan (should be a depth of about 1/2"). Scatter remaining pecans over the top.
- Bake cakes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cakes cool in the pan. Loosen edges, cut in pieces and invert or remove from pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Social Cookbook
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More