PECAN CRUSTED CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE
Pecan Crusted Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or artificial sweetener equiv)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a medium bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter and mix well.
Press into 9" pie pan.
Bake for 8-9 minutes until just set.
Cool on wire rack until completely cooled.
In large bowl, combine cream cheese, cocoa powder, and 1 cup superfine sugar.
Beat until smooth and fluffy.
Then add melted chocolate chips and vanilla; beat until smooth.
In medium bowl, combine heavy cream and 2 tablespoons superfine sugar until stiff peaks form.
Beat a spoonful of this mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
Then fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture to combine.
Pour into cooled pie shell.
Cover and chill until firm, about 4-6 hours. Serves 8