- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or artificial sweetener equiv)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter and mix well.
- Press into 9" pie pan.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until just set.
- Cool on wire rack until completely cooled.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, cocoa powder, and 1 cup superfine sugar.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Then add melted chocolate chips and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In medium bowl, combine heavy cream and 2 tablespoons superfine sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat a spoonful of this mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Then fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture to combine.
- Pour into cooled pie shell.
- Cover and chill until firm, about 4-6 hours. Serves 8
NotesThis simple sweet pie recipe is perfect for Passover, or for those who want to avoid using flour. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks at about.com. I specifically saved this b/c it has a nut crust instead of flour. This is better for Low Carbers
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More