PECAN DATE SCONES
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tlb Baking Powder
- 2 cups Cream
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Chopped Dates
- *optional chopped toasted hazelnuts or chocolate
* Mix all the dry ingredients together to combine them
* Add the Pecans and Dates
* Add the cream and mix until just combined
* Roll the dough into a log - flatten the top - cut in triangles.
* Brush with cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar
* Can top with chopped toasted hazelnuts or chocolate.
* Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes
The first time I made this I didn't roll out the dough long enough and only cut 11 triangles. They wound up being to big.
Another idea is to substitute Pecans and Dates for 1 cup chopped sour cherries and 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger. For savory scones, cut the sugar in half.
Great basic scone recipe that is easy to change around.