- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tlb Baking Powder
- 2 cups Cream
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Chopped Dates
- *optional chopped toasted hazelnuts or chocolate
- * Mix all the dry ingredients together to combine them
- * Add the Pecans and Dates
- * Add the cream and mix until just combined
- * Roll the dough into a log - flatten the top - cut in triangles.
- * Brush with cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar
- * Can top with chopped toasted hazelnuts or chocolate.
- * Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes
- The first time I made this I didn't roll out the dough long enough and only cut 11 triangles. They wound up being to big.
- Another idea is to substitute Pecans and Dates for 1 cup chopped sour cherries and 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger. For savory scones, cut the sugar in half.
NotesCooking class at Sur La Table.
Great basic scone recipe that is easy to change around.
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More