- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tlb Baking Powder
- 2 cups Cream
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Chopped Dates
- *optional chopped toasted hazelnuts or chocolate
- * Mix all the dry ingredients together to combine them
- * Add the Pecans and Dates
- * Add the cream and mix until just combined
- * Roll the dough into a log - flatten the top - cut in triangles.
- * Brush with cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar
- * Can top with chopped toasted hazelnuts or chocolate.
- * Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes
- The first time I made this I didn't roll out the dough long enough and only cut 11 triangles. They wound up being to big.
- Another idea is to substitute Pecans and Dates for 1 cup chopped sour cherries and 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger. For savory scones, cut the sugar in half.
NotesCooking class at Sur La Table.
Great basic scone recipe that is easy to change around.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More