- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-16
- Preparation Time:
- •PECAN CHOCOLATE DIPPED COOKIES
- •2 ½ cups sifted flour
- •1 cup sweet softened butter
- •2/3 cup sugar
- •1 egg yolk
- •1 teaspoon vanilla
- •1 cup finely chopped or ground (I use) nuts
- •• Cream butter well
- •• Add sugar cream again
- •• Add egg and vanilla mix until light and fluffy.
- •• Gradually stir in flour and nuts.
- •• Shape into 2 rolls in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- •• Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight (this can be made few days ahead of time)
- •Before baking take from refrigerator and let sit out least 20 minutes before cutting. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. These should be ¼ inch or less. Do not cut the cookies paper thin. Bake on cookie sheet un-greased or on parchment paper (what I use)
- •Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies. When cookies are cool then dip them into the following chocolate mixture. You can dip whole half into chocolate. But I usually dip only half top part of cookie.
- 1.Chocolate Dip:
- 2.In double boiler or mini crock pot.
- 3.6 Ounces of chocolate chips. I use semi sweet.
- 4.3 Tablespoons of butter
- 5.1 Tablespoon of hot water. (I DELETE THIS)
- 6.Melt chocolate add rest and mix until smooth with wooden spoon. Sometimes you need to keep adding more butter or even add veggie oil till smooth. Often depends on day outside. Try it with the water first see how this turns out for you.
- 7.Dip cookie and place on foil or wax paper and let cookies dry for few hours.
NotesThese take some time but are well worth it. Great for the holidays. I do not add the water the recipe calls for in the chocolate mix. Goodluck if you do and let me know if it works.