- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lg. log plain goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, corasely ground/chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Beat egg white in a shallow container(plastic plate, glass pie dish...)
- Combine pecans and red pepper flakes in another shallow dish.
- Slice goat cheese into 12 rounds. It helps to freeze the cheese for about 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Dip each slice into the egg and then into the peacans. Make sure to coat well, pressing nuts into cheese.
- Arrange slices on a cookie sheet and broil 3-5 minutes on each side, until flattned and nuts smell fragrant.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to crackers, serving platter, or salad greens.
- The cheese may be prepared refrigerated for a day or two before broiling.
NotesI came up with this recipe when I combined two broiled goat cheese goat cheese recipes. It looks really pretty arranged on top of a mesculun salad with mandarin oranges, or just on top of simple crackers as a "pick up" appetizer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More