- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lg. log plain goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, corasely ground/chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Beat egg white in a shallow container(plastic plate, glass pie dish...)
- Combine pecans and red pepper flakes in another shallow dish.
- Slice goat cheese into 12 rounds. It helps to freeze the cheese for about 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Dip each slice into the egg and then into the peacans. Make sure to coat well, pressing nuts into cheese.
- Arrange slices on a cookie sheet and broil 3-5 minutes on each side, until flattned and nuts smell fragrant.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to crackers, serving platter, or salad greens.
- The cheese may be prepared refrigerated for a day or two before broiling.
NotesI came up with this recipe when I combined two broiled goat cheese goat cheese recipes. It looks really pretty arranged on top of a mesculun salad with mandarin oranges, or just on top of simple crackers as a "pick up" appetizer.