- Cooking Time: 55
- Preparation Time:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 1 1/2t vanilla
- 1c chopped pecans
- Beat egg whites (at room temp) in a bown until frothy.
- Add sugar, 2T at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in vanilla and nuts.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 for 55 minutes. Remove from the paper and cool on wire racks.
- Store immediately in airtight containers at room temp.
NotesThese are really easy and delicious. I love to make these with my kids, they are quick to put together so they don't lose interest before we're done, and they think it's so cool that a bunch of "icky" egg whites can be turned into something so delicious! Don't make these on a humid day, and be sure to store them in an airtight container.
You can substitute any other nuts you have on hand if you don't have pecans. Pistachios are particularly good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More