- Cooking Time:
- Servings: approx 8 rolls
- Preparation Time:
- 1 LB roasted pecans chopped
- 1 LB Caramel(Pack of Caramels 14oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1-1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- 1/8 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
- Line a small bread pan with buttered wax paper.
- Prepare the Fondant - Mix Water(1/4 cup), Corn Syrup, and Sugar in a saucepan. Heat while stirring until sugar dissolves completely and mixture boils. Insert candy thermometer and continue until mixture reaches 255°F.(Hard Ball).
- While mixture boils, blend Egg White and Cream of Tartar until firm in heavy bowl mixer. While blending, pour melted sugar mixture into egg white blend slowly. Add Vanilla and continue high blend until firm. Pour into prepared pan. Allow to cool and cut into thin logs(Approx:1"x4"). Freeze until firm.
- Caramel Coating - Add 3 Tbsp. Water to Caramels in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring until melted. Mixture may be re-heated if needed.
- Chop Pecans course and place onto waxed paper.
- Coating logs - Place log onto wire rack over saucepan. Working quickly with a large mixing spoon, dip melted caramel and coat log, rotating as needed. Move onto chopped pecans and roll to cover with pecans completely.
- Wrap in waxed paper to store and keep cool and airtight. Can be frozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More