- Cooking Time: 15 min./batch
- Servings: 30 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add the flour, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
NotesFolks always expect to find these tender, nutty logs on the cookie gift trays I give at Christmas. They're not overly sweet and go great with a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More