- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30-40
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 (15 ounce) boxes refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and eggs. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 pie crust. Cut out rounds, using a 4 1/2 inch cutter. Re-roll dough as needed. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts.
- Place 1 piecrust round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush edges of crust with beaten egg yolk. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pecan mixture in center of the round. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining rounds and pecan mixture.
- In a Dutch oven or deep fryer, heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F. Fry pies, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until ightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Lightly dust with confections' sugar, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More