- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (15-ounce) boxes refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and eggs. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 pie crust. Cut out rounds, using a 4 1/2-inch cutter. Re-roll dough as needed. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts.
- Place 1 piecrust round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush edges of crust with beaten egg yolk. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pecan mixture in center of the round. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining rounds and pecan mixture.
- In a Dutch oven or deep fryer, heat oil over medium heat to 350F. Fry pies, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Lightly dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More