- Cooking Time: 45 to 55
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package Moist Supreme or Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Reserved 2/3 cup dry cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the dry cake mix for filling. In large bowl, combine remaining dry cake mix, margarine and 1 egg; beat at low speed until well blended.
- Press in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine reserved 2/3 cup dry cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs; beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 1 minute at medium speed or until well blended.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Pour filling mixture over warm base.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More