- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line two cookie sheets with silicon baking sheets (like a silpat).
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add in flour, beating until just combined. Fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into one inch balls, and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with your hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 15 – 17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.