- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust:
- Beat the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until light, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18 by 12 by 1-inch baking sheet, making an edge around the outside.
- It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned.
- Allow to cool.
NotesThese are not for the faint of heart! It uses almost 2 1/2 lbs of butter! But you can cut these into very small squares, as they are very rich. That's how I justify it, anyway. This is my go-to dessert for potlucks and bake-sales.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More