- Cooking Time: 30 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 20 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans.
- Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesThis moist and tender cake is packed with pecans and sweetness. Although still not a "light" dessert, it has nearly a third fewer calories and 43 percent less fat than the original!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More