- Cooking Time: 30 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 20 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans.
- Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesThis moist and tender cake is packed with pecans and sweetness. Although still not a "light" dessert, it has nearly a third fewer calories and 43 percent less fat than the original!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Koken met Oma
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More