- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), sliced into thin strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) Chinese noodles or soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- For the Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- To prepare marinade, in a shallow glass dish, combine garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and ginger.
- Mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade.
- Add chicken to marinade in dish; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt.
- Drain in a colander.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken.
- Discard marinade in dish.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add noodles, green onions, and reserved marinade to skillet.
- Toss to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly among individual serving plates.
- Serve immediately.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
It's all about that protein
Adventures in CookingSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More