- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped (or substitute 1/3 cup dehydrated chopped onion for convenience)
- 1 28 oz. jar pasta sauce (fresh mushroom variety is best)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is browned. Stir to separate meat, pour off fat if necessary.
- Stir in pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Add hot, drained penne pasta and stir to coat with sauce. Spoon mixture into 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serves 8.
- Serve with salad of mixed greens and garlic bread for a quick meal.
NotesThis recipe was found in a holiday cookbook and has been adapted for our family's personal tastes. It is a quick satisfying family-friendly dish.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More