- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 9-oz package frozen artichoke hearts
- 10 oz penne or rigatoni
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano or
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup skim-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Blanch artichokes in lightly salted water for 1 minute;(actually, I just let them defrost in the fridge overnight)drain well.
- When cool enough to handle, slice about 2/3 of
- them into small wedges and set aside; finely chop the remaining artichokes into a paste and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook penne or
- rigatoni until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic
- in 1/4 cup water until water evaporates and onions are limp.
- Add oregano, salt and a generous grinding of pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in wine, lemon juice and the reserved artichokes (wedges and paste).
- Simmer, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Add ricotta and stir until creamy.
- When pasta is ready, drain and add to skillet with sauce; toss well. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
NotesEating Well magazine, Jan/Feb 1994
(Penne ai carciofi)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More