- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 9-oz package frozen artichoke hearts
- 10 oz penne or rigatoni
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano or
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup skim-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Blanch artichokes in lightly salted water for 1 minute;(actually, I just let them defrost in the fridge overnight)drain well.
- When cool enough to handle, slice about 2/3 of
- them into small wedges and set aside; finely chop the remaining artichokes into a paste and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook penne or
- rigatoni until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic
- in 1/4 cup water until water evaporates and onions are limp.
- Add oregano, salt and a generous grinding of pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in wine, lemon juice and the reserved artichokes (wedges and paste).
- Simmer, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Add ricotta and stir until creamy.
- When pasta is ready, drain and add to skillet with sauce; toss well. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
NotesEating Well magazine, Jan/Feb 1994
(Penne ai carciofi)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More