- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¾ pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp (I subbed chicken)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine (I subbed chicken broth)
- 1 (8-ounce) can plain tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- basil leaves, to taste, chiffonaded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, while water heats and pasta cooks, make the sauce. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for a few minutes, until opaque. Remove to a plate to let cool. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally.
- While the onion and garlic are cooking, chop the shrimp into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the wine (or chicken broth) to the pan and allow to reduce for a few minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Add shrimp back to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the parsley and basil and mix well.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add the sauce to the pot and stir well to combine. Serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More