- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 slices white bread (1/2-ounce)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 pound uncooked penne rigate pasta
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Trim crusts from bread. Place bread in a shallow dish; pour milk over bread. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place bread mixture in a food processor; add basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through garlic). Set aside without processing.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add reserved cooking liquid to basil mixture in food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add the pesto to pasta; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce