- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp butter (I used margarine)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. zucchini, thinly sliced (I used zuchhini and yellow squash)
- salt and pepper
- 13 oz/ dried penne (I used another shaped pasta)
- generous 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (take shelled walnuts and bashed them in a bag = cheaper than bought)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley (I just used less of dried)
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (I used fat-free, but I think next time I am going to use fat-free yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (I recommend grating your own - yum!)
- Melt butter with olive oil in large skillet. Add onions,cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 min. until soft. Add zucchini and stir to mix well. Cover and cook, stirring occassionally, for 15-20 minute, or until veggies are tender.
- Bring salted water to boil for pasta. Add pasta and return to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until tender, but firm to bite (al dente).
- While pasta is cooking, stirk in walnuts, parsley and sourcream into zucchini mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. When pasta is right, drain and tip into serving dish. Add zucchini mixture and toss well. Sprinkle with Parm cheese and serve. (I just put the pasta into the skillet and served from there and put Parm cheese on individual plates)
- Mike put his chicken on his plate and used the pasta more as a side to the meal.
- While the walnuts sound gross, you really don't taste them. If you intend to add meat to this meal, you can leave the walnuts out if you like -- they are just used for protein and vitamins in place of meat or tofu.
NotesMike put his chicken on his plate and used the pasta more as a side to the meal.
While the walnuts sound gross, you really don't taste them.
If you intend to add meat to this meal, you can leave the walnuts out if you like -- they are just used for protein and vitamins in place of meat or tofu.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More