- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in thick tomato puree
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded imported Italian fontina (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Italian Gorgonzola (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound imported penne rigate pasta
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Drop the penne into the boiling water and parboil for 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes (1 1/2 to 2-cup capacity). Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes.
NotesAnother fav from Barefoot Contessa. I cannot always find the special cheeses so I just use whatever I can find.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More