- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds red and yellow cherry tomatoes -- ( I used a small, sweet tomato and it worked perfect anyways)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound penne
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Halve each tomato and place cut side up in 1 flat layer on the baking sheets. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt. Roast until the tomatoes are dried around the edges but still moist, about 2 hours.
- Crumble the goat cheese into large chunks and refrigerate until ready to serve the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package directions. Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and reserve. Drain the pasta well and return to the pot. Add the tomatoes, goat cheese, avocado, basil, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Jean’s Recipe File
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More