- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds red and yellow cherry tomatoes -- ( I used a small, sweet tomato and it worked perfect anyways)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound penne
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Halve each tomato and place cut side up in 1 flat layer on the baking sheets. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt. Roast until the tomatoes are dried around the edges but still moist, about 2 hours.
- Crumble the goat cheese into large chunks and refrigerate until ready to serve the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package directions. Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and reserve. Drain the pasta well and return to the pot. Add the tomatoes, goat cheese, avocado, basil, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Decadent Desserts Made From
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More