PENNE WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, GORGONZOLA, ASPARAGUS AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup thin onion slices, separated into rings
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 cups cut-up grilled chicken (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut asparagus spears (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat oil in small skillet on medium heat.
Add onions and sugar; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are tender.
Remove from heat; set aside.
DRAIN and rinse pasta.
Place in large skillet.
Add tomatoes; cook on medium heat 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken, broth, asparagus, cream and garlic; mix well.
Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
Add onions, cheese and basil; mix well.
Cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.