- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Italian or andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- salt to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook penne until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook sausage until evenly browned. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add onion and cook until it begins to turn translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except for parsley. Stir in sausage and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Pour over penne, and top with parsley if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Delightful DessertsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More