- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, (separate light and dark green parts)
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb Prosciutto di Parma, sliced and cut into squares
- 1 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 4 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 Qt heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions, garlic and light parts of scallions until soft on medium heat. Add Prosciutto and let cook for about one minute. Add vodka; turn up heat to medium high and cook until alcohol burns out about 4 minutes. Lower heat and add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes; stir. Add green parts of scallions, kosher salt and black pepper. Turn up heat until boiling, then lower heat. Let cook for 1 hour. Add cream; let simmer until starts bubbling and turn off heat.
- This is enough sauce for about 4-5 lbs of pasta or more.
NotesI know this is a lot of sauce it can be halved pretty easily. I made this for a big group and my brother's gf watched and wrote down what I did.
This is enough sauce for about 4-5 lbs of pasta or more.
The picture was taken before the cream was added.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More