- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. bulk mild breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices bread, broken in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I like sharp Vermont Cheddar)
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- Brown sausage, drain and cool.
- Beat eggs and milk.
- Add Salt and mustard and pepper.
- Add bread and soak.
- Stir in cheese, sausage & mushrooms.
- Pour into buttered 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least a few hours.)
- Remove dish from refrigerator to warm a bit while the oven heats.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
NotesAs the title implies, my (favorite) niece, Penny, who lives in Montana passed this recipe on to me. I have made it several times for brunches, and it always gets rave reviews!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More