- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. bulk mild breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices bread, broken in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I like sharp Vermont Cheddar)
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- Brown sausage, drain and cool.
- Beat eggs and milk.
- Add Salt and mustard and pepper.
- Add bread and soak.
- Stir in cheese, sausage & mushrooms.
- Pour into buttered 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least a few hours.)
- Remove dish from refrigerator to warm a bit while the oven heats.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
NotesAs the title implies, my (favorite) niece, Penny, who lives in Montana passed this recipe on to me. I have made it several times for brunches, and it always gets rave reviews!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Home cookingSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More