- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 16 ounces lean, ground turkey meat
- 3 celery stalks, in 1/2" pieces
- 1 small onion, in 1/2" pieces
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 3 TBSP raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- healthy pinch of salt
- canola oil as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a saute pan and saute the onions and celery for about 8 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
- Move to a stainless steel bowl to let cool.
- Add raisins to the saute pan with the water and simmer until raisins begin to plump.
- Drain and add raisins to the bowl with celery and onions along with 2 TBSP of the liquid used for plumping.
- Add spices and ground turkey and mix well.
- Make 4, 4 ounce patties with your hands and bake about 10-12 minutes each side, until burger is golden on top.
- Remove from oven and let rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a healthy side and enjoy :)
- Serves 4.
- Prep time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 30 minutes.
NotesA twist on my picadillo burger recipe - for healthier eating...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More