- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 16 ounces lean, ground turkey meat
- 3 celery stalks, in 1/2" pieces
- 1 small onion, in 1/2" pieces
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 3 TBSP raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- healthy pinch of salt
- canola oil as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a saute pan and saute the onions and celery for about 8 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
- Move to a stainless steel bowl to let cool.
- Add raisins to the saute pan with the water and simmer until raisins begin to plump.
- Drain and add raisins to the bowl with celery and onions along with 2 TBSP of the liquid used for plumping.
- Add spices and ground turkey and mix well.
- Make 4, 4 ounce patties with your hands and bake about 10-12 minutes each side, until burger is golden on top.
- Remove from oven and let rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a healthy side and enjoy :)
- Serves 4.
- Prep time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 30 minutes.
NotesA twist on my picadillo burger recipe - for healthier eating...