- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 5
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 16 oz Can Refried Beans
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 16 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 2 pkg Taco Mix
- Mix Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Refried Beans and Taco Mix. Stir Well.
- Add 1/2 of Cheeses, Mix well. Spread into 9x13 Baking dish
- Sprinkle remaining Cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 Min until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with Chips.
- You can't mess this up, I have used only pepper Jack or Colby & Monterrey Cheese. I was out of Taco Mix and used Enchilada Mix I even forgot to put the mix in once and it is still good. Try the flavors you like most, add your own toppings. It is always good.
NotesI have made this for so many years it is hard to remember the first time I tried it. I know the original recipe was brought to a pot luck in the late 70s. The original is long lost but this is as close as I can remember it.
My kids, my sisters and I have all added our own twist to it and it is different every time we make it. The first time my daughter had a party she made this, she forgot the taco mix, it was still great. We also use many different cheeses and in all the years we have made this I have not heard of a combo that didn't work.
I now use a homemade taco mix and refried beans, low fat cheeses, sour cream, black olives and we add chicken or ground beef. You can't go wrong. Add what ever your family enjoys.