- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI have made this for so many years it is hard to remember the first time I tried it. I know the original recipe was brought to a pot luck in the late 70s. The original is long lost but this is as close as I can remember it.
My kids, my sisters and I have all added our own twist to it and it is different every time we make it. The first time my daughter had a party she made this, she forgot the taco mix, it was still great. We also use many different cheeses and in all the years we have made this I have not heard of a combo that didn't work.
I now use a homemade taco mix and refried beans, low fat cheeses, sour cream, black olives and we add chicken or ground beef. You can't go wrong. Add what ever your family enjoys.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 16 oz Can Refried Beans
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 16 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 2 pkg Taco Mix
- Mix Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Refried Beans and Taco Mix. Stir Well.
- Add 1/2 of Cheeses, Mix well. Spread into 9x13 Baking dish
- Sprinkle remaining Cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 Min until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with Chips.
- You can't mess this up, I have used only pepper Jack or Colby & Monterrey Cheese. I was out of Taco Mix and used Enchilada Mix I even forgot to put the mix in once and it is still good. Try the flavors you like most, add your own toppings. It is always good.