- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna with Sweet and Spicy Asian Slaw, was created by Meagan Peoples.
- ½ cup Tropical Food’s Mexicali Fire® Snack Mix
- 2, 4 oz. fresh ahi tuna
- 2 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- ½ cup wasabi peas
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine extra virgin olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, lime zest, minced garlic, minced ginger, salt, and brown sugar; set aside.
- Thinly slice napa cabbage and green cabbage, place into another large mixing bowl. Julienne carrots and add to cabbage, set aside.
- Combine cabbage with dressing and toss in black sesame seeds, wasabi peas and Tropical Food’s Mexicali Fire®.
- Crust each tuna filet with course ground black pepper. Grill or sauté for 2 minutes on each side until seared, but still raw inside.
- Slice and plate with Asian slaw.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More