- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 - 8oz jars
- Preparation Time:
- 3 - 4 bell peppers (I used red) roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 4 TB crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 oz liquid fruit pectin
- In a blender, puree the bell peppers, vinegar, and pepper flakes. Pour into a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil hard for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the fruit pectin and boil for 1 minute. All the while, you need to keep an eye on this. It likes to sneak up to the top of the pan and you don't want it to boil over.
- Skim off any foam. Carefully pour into heat resistant jars with a lid. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Will take up to a week to set.
NotesMy neighbor shared this recipe with me many many years ago. When she first had me taste some, I was a little doubtful. The idea of a savory jelly was new to me and my taste buds were being very narrow minded. She served it to me on a cracker with cream cheese. It was amazing! A little sweet, a little heat...cooled off by the cheese. I think this would also make a fantastic glaze over a tenderloin.
Breads and Pastry 101
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More