- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 - 8oz jars
- Preparation Time:
- 3 - 4 bell peppers (I used red) roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 4 TB crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 oz liquid fruit pectin
- In a blender, puree the bell peppers, vinegar, and pepper flakes. Pour into a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil hard for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the fruit pectin and boil for 1 minute. All the while, you need to keep an eye on this. It likes to sneak up to the top of the pan and you don't want it to boil over.
- Skim off any foam. Carefully pour into heat resistant jars with a lid. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Will take up to a week to set.
NotesMy neighbor shared this recipe with me many many years ago. When she first had me taste some, I was a little doubtful. The idea of a savory jelly was new to me and my taste buds were being very narrow minded. She served it to me on a cracker with cream cheese. It was amazing! A little sweet, a little heat...cooled off by the cheese. I think this would also make a fantastic glaze over a tenderloin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More