2 pounds chuck roast sliced thin into ½”-wide x 2”-long strips
1 teaspoon tenderizer
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 green peppers cut into slivers
2 red peppers cut into slivers
5 celery stalks cut into ½” x 1½“ slivers
1 large bunch green onions sliced oblong
2 slivered carrots
Combine and set aside:
4 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cubes beef bouillon
1½ teaspoons ground ginger
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
¾ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups HOT water
1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
1. Cut vegetables and put in separate bowls; set aside.
2. Pre-cook carrots slightly.
3. In a large measuring cup, combine cornstarch, bouillon, ginger, garlic powder, and salt; set aside.
4. Squeeze lemons; set aside.
5. Sprinkle meat strips with tenderizer; let stand a few minutes.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high; add meat and cook until red is out. Remove meat and set aside.
7. To skillet, add celery and green and red peppers; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce to medium-low, cover, and cook for 3 more minutes.
8. Add green onions and pre-cooked carrots; cook uncovered for 1 minute. Return meat to pan.
9. Add the HOT water to the measuring cup then add the Kitchen Bouquet; blend well.
10. Add thickening mixture to meat mixture slowly; cook until slightly thick.
11. Add lemon juice, stir in well.
12. Serve over rice and sprinkle with chow mein noodles