- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. peppered bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large can whole tomatoes, sliced into fourths
- 1 1/2 Cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 2 Cups water
- 1/2 lb. lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the bacon in a large soup pot. Add the celery and onion. Cook until just soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for three minutes longer. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are soft (about 1 1/2 hours). Serve warm.
- 6-8 servings
NotesThis is a delicious soup with lots of yummy goodies in it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More