PEPPERED PORK PITAS WITH GARLIC SPREAD
Peppered Pork Pitas With Garlic Spread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. pork loin chops, cut into bite-
- size strips **
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon coarsley ground pepper
- 1 jar 97oz) roasted red bell peppers
- drained and sliced **
- 4 pita fold breads (7 in)
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk and garlic; set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix pork, oil and pepper. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in skillet 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Stir in bell peppers; heat until warm.
Heat pita folds as directed on package. Lightly spread one side of pita with garlic mixture. Spoon pork mixture into each; fold up.
**Chicken Breasts may be used in place of Pork
** You may roast your own Bell peppers