- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds venison sirloin tip, rolled top round, bottom round or rump roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Coarsely cracked black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan. Brush roast evenly with oil; sprinkle liberally with pepper.
- Cover roast with bacon slices.
- Roast to desired doneness, 20 to 30 minutes per pound.
- Remove roast from oven. Let meat rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with pan juices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More