- Cooking Time: 80-90
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Note: I substituted 1 ½ teaspoons of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 325F. Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom with parchment paper; grease and flour paper.
- Microwave 3/4 cup butter and 5 oz. chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl on medium 3 to 4 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Pour into large bowl; cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Beat sugar into chocolate mixture at low speed. Beat in eggs, peppermint extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Alternately beat sour cream and flour mixture into chocolate mixture, beginning with sour cream. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
NotesI found this fudgy chocolate cake recipe in a magazine - Cooking Pleasures. I substituted almond extract for the peppermint extract and the cake turned out great. I served it over the Christmas Holidays at a family dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More