- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 30
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (prepared)
- Chocolate Liqueur
- 1/4 c sugar
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate Pudding Mix (prepared)
- Peppermint Extract
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Bake chocolate fudge cake in round pan according to box directions, then slice the cake to make 2 circles.
- Bring 1/4 c water and 1/4 c sugar to a boil, remove from heat and left cool completely, then add 1/3 c chocolate liqueur.
- Make pudding according to box directions, then add a small amount of peppermint extract.
- Spread a layer of whipping cream on the bottom of the trifle bowl, then a cake round.
- Brush the cake layer with the chocolate liqueur mixture.
- Next spread a layer of pudding and sprinkle crushed candy canes.
- Repeat with more layers.
NotesI made this for our Christmas Party this year and it was so yummy! It was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe so that it was easier to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Jean’s Recipe File
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More