- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 30
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (prepared)
- Chocolate Liqueur
- 1/4 c sugar
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate Pudding Mix (prepared)
- Peppermint Extract
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Bake chocolate fudge cake in round pan according to box directions, then slice the cake to make 2 circles.
- Bring 1/4 c water and 1/4 c sugar to a boil, remove from heat and left cool completely, then add 1/3 c chocolate liqueur.
- Make pudding according to box directions, then add a small amount of peppermint extract.
- Spread a layer of whipping cream on the bottom of the trifle bowl, then a cake round.
- Brush the cake layer with the chocolate liqueur mixture.
- Next spread a layer of pudding and sprinkle crushed candy canes.
- Repeat with more layers.
NotesI made this for our Christmas Party this year and it was so yummy! It was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe so that it was easier to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More