- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (11 oz) vanilla chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour; beat until crumbly.
- Press 2 cups into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan; set remaining crumb mixture aside. Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a microwave or double boiler, heat milk and vanilla chips until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Pour over hot crust and spread until smooth. Combine candy and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Yield: 4 dozen
NotesSweet and pepperminty. I received compliments on these bars from three people.
Source: Best of Country Cookies
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More