- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (11 oz) vanilla chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour; beat until crumbly.
- Press 2 cups into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan; set remaining crumb mixture aside. Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a microwave or double boiler, heat milk and vanilla chips until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Pour over hot crust and spread until smooth. Combine candy and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Yield: 4 dozen
NotesSweet and pepperminty. I received compliments on these bars from three people.
Source: Best of Country Cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More